Sunday, June 29, 2014

NATURE!!

As I sit down to write today, I am super excited and anxious like a child a few days before Christmas.  This week is the week I look forward to starting every year around January- the week where Patrick and I head to a river in North Arkansas with a few of my best friends in the entire world.  I am sure you are thinking-- a river?? Really?? But yes a river!! And the excitement does not come from just the fact we will be in the sun for two whole days doing nothing but floating down winding waters and enjoying some of the most beautiful scenery in Arkansas, but mostly comes from the time spent together.  I look forward to this week because of the quality time I get to spend with some of the most dear people to me.  Four summers ago we began this tradition.  Our first river trip was a complete success (as far as the river goes) and was also one of my very first and LAST "camping experiences".  After sleeping on a half way blown up air mattress, fighting mosquitoes in the scorching heat (Arkansas at the end of July is hot-- extremely HOT), eating burnt burgers because we forgot to keep a watchful eye on them and drinking HOT beverages because there was absolutely nowhere to buy ice in a 30 mile radius I swore I WOULD NEVER CAMP AGAIN!! And we haven't--- we load up each year and now head to cabins where we spend a couple of days -- this year we chose to spend 3 days and for that I am even more pumped.  We simply relax and enjoy each others company.  Now that 3 of my best friends live 2 plus hours away we do not get to see each other near as much as we would like to, so this trip is always a way to reconnect.  Courtney unfortunately can't make the trip this year because she will be soaking up the sun on a beach and I am sad she won't get to indulge with us, however Olivia and Myra will be there along with some other fabulous people.  Myra also planned this year to float on the 4th of July which will be an event in itself (be prepared for a follow up post with lots of pictures)-- so we will spend the holiday together being grateful we live in 'Merica, soaking up sun, having many laughs and making amazing memories (some at which we will continue to laugh at for years to come) and that is what I am looking forward to most.  Just simply being together -- being silly and not caring!! Of course I will miss spending the holiday with my little one, but sometimes as parents we need a few days to remember what having fun, being silly, and simply enjoying our friends and each other feels like.  And if all goes well that is exactly what we plan to do.  I hope you all have marvelous plans for the 4th!! Cheers-- and see you soon!!
xoxo- Evan 
P.S. -- enjoy some pictures from our past river adventures!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment